Update <2018-01-26 Fri>
Not going to lie: this site is woefully out of date, and unless someone steps in to update it it’s going to stay that way. Your best bet is heading to github.com/stig/json-framework rather than relying on this site.
PS: I’m no longer going to pay for the sbjson.org domain, so I’ve done a minimal change to host this site from stig.github.io/json-framework instead.
SBJson’s number one feature is chunk-based operation. Feed the parser one or more chunks of UTF8-encoded data and it will call a block you provide with each root-level document or array. Or, optionally, for each top-level entry in each root-level array. See more in the Version 4 API docs.
- Configurable recursion limit. For safety SBJson defaults to a max nesting level of 32 for all input. This can be configured if necessary.
- The writer can optionally sort dictionary keys so output is consistent across writes.
- The writer can optionally create human-readable (indented) output.
Please see the API Documentation for more details.
The preferred way to use SBJson is by using CocoaPods. In your Podfile use:
pod 'SBJson', '~> 4.0.0'
If you depend on a third-party library that requires an earlier version of SBJson—or want to install both version 3 and 4 in the same app to do a gradual transition—you can instead use:
pod 'SBJson4', '~> 4.0.0'
An alternative that I no longer recommend is to copy all the source files (the
contents of the
src/main/objc folder) into your own Xcode project.
- Check StackOverflow questions tagged with SBJson if you have questions about how to use the library. I eventually read all questions with this tag.
- Use the issue tracker if you have found a bug.
Copyright (C) 2007-2014 Stig Brautaset. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.